Saturday, August 4, 2012

Trip to Walmart to Price Match Staples Ad

So I also went into Walmart to price-match the current Staples ad of mechanical pencils for .25 ea using $1/2 Bic coupons and here is what happened. I didn't have the ad on me b/c my husband had it (was getting paper for work free after rebate) and Walmart already had received this Sunday's papers on Saturday and threw out all of the current sales ads and put up next week's ads for price-matching and they would not price match without an ad even though their policy says they don't need the ad to price match (WRONG!) I could've price-matched the Staples ad that starts tomorrow for Bic 2 ct pens at .25 ea using $1/2 Bic coupons (will prob go back to do that) but I absolutely cannot shop with my kids and they were being super unruley (thank goodness school starts on Monday) so I had to leave and just be frustrated that I didn't get anything UGH.

One thing I have learned doing all of these Staples deals is that they do NOT issue rainchecks and they do not re-stock during the week. The super deals that they advertise do run out and if they're out, they're out (which I kinda think is illegal advertising as companies are required by law to provide a raincheck or have merchandise in stock.) A few weeks ago when the dry erase pens were super cheap I went back 3X during the week pr their telling me when they would have more (liars) and they kept giving me a song and dance about why they didn't get more in stock and they would not write me a raincheck. So if you are doing Staples deals, I would suggest going early Sunday before they are wiped out, or price match at Walmart or even price-match at Target (however I wouldn't really suggest that because Target is becoming suddenly seriously limiting coupons.)

On the brighter side, if you are price matching at Walmart, it looks like you can start price matching early on Saturday the upcoming competitor Sunday ads so you can get a head start that way!!!!! :)

No comments: