Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chicken Bake with Kroger sale items and stockpiled items YUM!

My Kroger had boneless skinless chicken breasts for .99 a lb (great time to stock-up) so here is an easy chicken bake recipe I used with items I already had in my stockpile:

Open one package of uncooked rice and pour it in a pan. You can use whatever you have. Mahatma flavored, plain (I would use 1/3 of a bag of that,) Uncle Bens, whatever! Then pour in 2.5 cups of hot water. If you wish you can replace some or all of that water with canned broth, boulion cubes, canned soup, whatever, especially if you are starting with plain rice. Then cut your chicken and place it in the pan. For breadcrumbs you can either use those or smash stockpiled croutons in a bag and sprinkle on top. If you have any fresh lemon you can always cut some up and throw it in the pan. To garnish you can always use your McCormick grinders (lemon pepper works the best with chicken.) Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 375.


My Kroger also had Pillsbury Brownie Mix 10/$10 thru 8/6 (plenty of time to trade for coupons) and there was a recent .40/1 insert Q that will make them pretty cheap. HERE is a link to my Sunday shopping trip and all of the current freebies/deals I found at Kroger!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boneless chicken breast prices must be only at your Kroger. My store in Douglasville, Ga has them priced at $1.99 a pound! Good for you though!:)