Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Need a good deal on airfare?!?!?!?!

I used to be a Travel Agent for a long time until my agency closed following the terrorist attacks of 9/11. (Luckily I had already cut back my hours to work full time in radio so I still had a job!)  I specialized in international bookings after doing domestic forever and was top in my agency for sales because of my thrifty ways (LOL) and being really good at finding people the best deal possible which scored me lots of free travel ;)

Anyhoo, if you need to travel anywhere US Airways has been running pretty cheap fares lately compared to other airlines. I've now flown then a few times and they're okay. I am blogging this to let you know that they have been running coast to coast fares around $238 r/t for a while lately (with only a 7 day advance purchase) which is significantly cheaper than ALL of the other airlines. You just have to connect in PHX, CLT, PHL or PIT. One great way to check dates and prices is to use the Travelocity.com general search function where you select 'my dates are flexible' or +/- 3 days option to see what fares you are looking at. Then it's up to you whether or not you book thru them or thru the airlines directly. So let's just say I've been Workin' The Deals forever, just in a different way lol. It seems like airfares in general are more $$$$ than ever before since ATA and some of the cheaper airlines (TWA) went out of business. Southwest is supposto be flying out of ATL soon which will be interesting ;)

No comments: